Akela Constructions has finished construction of a new lower toilet block extension to the building, a new rooftop deck and associated toilet facilities and a wheelie bin enclosure (2018).
Gullivers Coomera decided to undertake this work to upgrade their ageing bathroom facilities and to allow them to expand their outside school hours care program. Gullivers Coomera started out as a swimming centre and over time has grown into a multi-functional facility with one of the biggest and most comprehensive School Age Care Programmes on the Gold Coast. The project involved:
- Demolition of pavers, fencing, stairs and garden and cut out of new entry opening
- Excavation of footings, piers, retaining wall for new toilet facility.
- Installation of new concrete footings, piers, pad and strip footings, pathways
- Installation of block retaining wall
- Supply and installation of structural steel for new toilet facility, for new outdoor terrace and toilet facility, for stairs and for bin enclosure.
- Supply and install steel flooring, roof and wall system for new toilet facility and channels, flashings and trims for new outdoor terrace toilet facility
- Supply and install aluminium posts, screens and gates to new bin enclosure
- Supply and install new joinery, partitions and internal linings
- Supply and install new doors, door frames and louvres and sliding doors to new outdoor terrace
- Supply and install Colorbond roofing to both new toilet facilities including new insulation and downpipes
- Plumbing install new toilet fitments and drainage.
- Supply and install new timber screening, handrails and aluminium balustrade systems.
Akela is proud of these new facilities which are modern and functional. Please view the photos below.